Friday, April 8, 2011

The Mirror

Cold palms on my eyes
Take away the warmth inside
Can still smell pain’s presence in the air
Broken mirror left in the shade


Torment of the fourth came
Tiny needles pricked my fire
Not done, just go back to sleep
Slapped me through the wire


I shouldn’t feel that way
Not planned, don’t make a sound
Greater mishaps came before you
I thought, on a rock my house was bound


Innocence in a cradle…
…Below the shadow of a wolf
Cries of fear or are they howling together
Singing songs of lust



We only have a day to spare
To see the stars beside the sun
Was already claimed by someone
Someone else closer than the sound


Pureness of white, tainted by events
Great horns concealed by fake halo
Temple you built and destroyed
I still trust you, but I don’t believe you


Still I kneeled down to pick up the pieces
Sliced my finger in gluing them
But ugly reflection I saw, couldn’t bear
Broken mirror…  are you worth keeping?

No comments:

Post a Comment