Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Garden

a bud from the wild
took it and panted in my yard,
innocent and real
happiness to a bard.


leaves glowing then
cared for it, and saw it bloom,
she grew as i wished for
a beautiful flower but filled with gloom...


coz a golden seed fell
right next to it,
from a hungry bird,
who dropped and never noticed it...


couldnt do a thing,
left it grow,
with spikes of gold,
i cant just plow.



i was so happy then,
she made me think,
golden petals can buy me anything..
with just a wink..


my old plant cried
she hoped she whither fast
tears fell from the leaves,
"how long will this last?"


but still she cares,
still hanging on,
barely breathing,
pretend nothing's wrong...


i was never happy
at least tried, bothered:
money cant buy love
and pity cant, neither...




on the path to darkness
i saw a light,
brown petals, and black leaves
an angel in flight.


a bud i never picked up,
and never noticed her change,
it was a foggy forest back then when
i was still leashed and chained...


i took her, grabbed her vines
fit perfectly the gaps of my hands,
linked, connected, intertwined...


i forgot who i was
the moment i saw her
i was mesmerized 
and kneeled before her..


i planted her in my heart..
not my garden, cruel i am,
hid many things, never made a fuss
i also hid my pain by doing such


coz seeing her happy, 
makes my heart pound
coming clean, worries me
it might halt her joy down..


and she taught me how to live again,
to love without conditions,
i know the risks of having her
a life with contradictions...


are we destined together? 
i wish she will wait and understand...
want her to believe (please do)
that i can make a stand.


she's the only flower that knows the real me...
with just a short span of time...
she's now deeply rooted in my heart
preparing my garden only for her, would be smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment